Welcome to your Hudson Homes Move-In Guide. Please find the next steps for your move-in below. Please note: You must pay ALL MOVE-IN CHARGES on or before your day of move-in, or your move-in will be delayed or canceled.
HOW TO CONTACT YOUR MOVE-IN TEAM
- If you are ready to move in, you have already been contacted by the Move-In Team. If you have not been contacted by the Move-In Team, you are not ready for this step of the process.
- You may reach out to the Move-In Department by dialing 877-565-4669 and following the prompts, or by choosing your state's inbox from the list below.
- Please note there may be a delay in returning email communications. The fastest way to get in touch with a team member is to dial the main number at 877-565-4669 during normal business hours, Monday through Friday 8 AM to 5 PM Central Standard Time, and follow the prompts to reach the Move-In Team.
- New Jersey: [email protected]
- Florida: [email protected]
- Mid-Atlantic (MD, PA, DE): [email protected]
- Mid-West (IL, IN, OH): [email protected]
- New York: [email protected]
- Southeast (GA, NC, SC, TN): [email protected]
- New England (CT, MA, RI): [email protected]
- West (AZ, NM, OK, TX): [email protected]
PLEASE NOTE THESE ITEMS MUST BE COMPLETED ON OR BEFORE YOUR MOVE-IN DATE
YOUR NEXT STEPS ARE BELOW
- PROVIDE PROOF OF RENTER’S INSURANCE AT LEAST 48 HOURS PRIOR TO MOVE-IN
- You are required to provide proof of Renter’s Insurance with minimum liability coverage of at least $100,000. The effective date of your renter’s insurance must be on or before your move-in date.
- All adults who are named on the lease must be listed on THE SAME policy, OR each adult must provide their own coverage, meeting the minimum criteria or $100k in liability coverage.
- “Hudson Homes Management” shall be named as an additional insured/interested party on your renter’s insurance policy. The information your insurance company will require is below. Please see your lease agreement for additional details.
- Hudson Homes Management
- PO BOX 3687
- Coppell, TX 75019
- Please remember Hudson Homes does not provide coverage for your personal belongings. If you would like to purchase coverage for your personal items, you may.
- Please watch this helpful video on Renters Insurance Requirements and How to Upload your Proof of Coverage
- PAY YOUR MOVE IN CHARGES
- Once your lease has been countersigned (you will receive an email notification), you may log into your Resident Portal.
- Move-in charges will not be posted to your account until the day of your scheduled move-in. Payments can still be made any time prior to your move-in day and any payment made will be credited towards your move-in charges. You may contact the Move-In team for assistance in pre-paying these charges. Please note, move-in charges MUST BE PAID IN FULL ON OR BEFORE THE MORNING OF YOUR MOVE-IN (10 AM CT DEADLINE) TO RECEIVE POSSESION OF YOUR HOME.
- How to Pay Your Move-In Charges:
- Once you've logged in to your portal, click the "Make a Payment" button to pay your move-in charges
- Once the required move-in funds have been confirmed paid, you will receive access instructions via email on your day of move-in. All move-in charges, that aren't paid will receive a balance due email requesting payment to be paid in full before move-in instructions are given. If you do not pay before 10:00 am on your move-in day, your move-in will be delayed/you may not be able to access the home.
- Please watch this helpful video:
- REVIEW UTILITY SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Please note, you DO NOT need to transfer utilities into your name, unless your property is in Deleware (DE), Massachusetts (MA), or North Carolina (NC). As outlined in the lease agreement utility addendum, the utilities will remain in the landlord’s name and be billed to you monthly based on actual monthly usage. Hudson Homes will pay the utility providers directly, then submit an invoice to you monthly via your Resident Portal for the previous month’s utility charges. Your utility invoice will also be available for printing. Please allow 30 to 60 days to receive your first utility invoice.
- For Delaware (DE), Massachusetts (MA), or North Carolina (NC), please see below and contact your Property Manager with any questions. Please activate the utilities you are required to provide and set them to begin no later than your move-in date to avoid disconnection of service.
- Delaware (DE): Tenants are required to put electricity in their name. Trash will be in Hudson Homes’ name. Water/Sewer/Gas will be in Hudson Homes’ name and will be billed back; unless you’re in a multiplex (shared meters we pay for the utilities). Tenants must connect or transfer utilities within one (1) business day of the Effective Date of the Lease.
- Massachusetts (MA): Tenants are required to put gas, electric, and oil/propane utilities in their name. Water and Sewer will be in Hudson Homes’ name and are paid by Hudson Homes – with no additional charges applied to your account. Tenants must connect or transfer utilities within one (1) business day of the Effective Date of the Lease.
- North Carolina (NC): Tenants are required to transfer all utilities into their name, as outlined in the lease agreement. Tenants must connect or transfer utilities within one (1) business day of the Effective Date of the Lease.
- If you haven’t already viewed/ toured the home, please schedule a tour as soon as possible. You can schedule a tour to be completed within 48 hours or receiving your “Next Steps” email.
- If while you are viewing the home, you find a MAJOR condition issue that affects the habitability (clean, safe, functional ONLY) of the home, please enter a Move-in Condition Maintenance Request by the form linked in your Move-In Next Steps email. If you have any questions about where to find this form or how to report MAJOR issues, please reach out to your move-in team.
- Email submissions will not be tracked. The form MUST be used to report MAJOR condition issues that affect the habitability (clean, safe, functional) of the home ONLY.
- Once a request is placed, your maintenance provider, Northsight Management, will send status updates directly to you. Please be advised that we aim to complete approved items within ten days after your move-in date. However, depending on the request, items may not be completed prior to moving in. If your request is denied, you will be notified.
- If you have items that do not fall within the “habitability” (clean, safe, functional) category, you may enter your request via your resident portal AFTER you move into your home for consideration. Please note: homes are generally “as-is,” and some requests may be categorized as minor (unrelated to the habitability of the home), “cosmetic,” an upgrade, or a resident responsibility. Requests for these types of work orders may not be approved or completed.
- Please review your Resident Responsibilities for more information.