Download PDF


Thank you for your interest in renting a home with Hudson Homes. To make your application process as smooth as possible, we’ve provided the below checklist that contains all of the documents you’ll need to provide in order to submit your application.

Please have all of these documents ready to upload before you start your application. You will not be able to complete the application process until all required information has been uploaded.



  • All U.S. Citizens must provide a valid Social Security Number (SSN).
    • If an applicant does not have an SSN, non-U.S. Citizens will need to perform a NOVA International Credit Screening, an OTFC/Criminal Check, and meet all other qualifications required. This additional screening is initiated and paid by the applicant. Please reach out to an application coordinator for more information if this applies to you.
  • All applicants must provide a valid government issued photo ID.
    • The photo IDs that we accept are: a valid Driver’s License, a State Identification Card, a Military ID or a US Government-issued picture ID. Please be sure the ID you provide has not expired.


  • Acceptable income verification documents for employment income and other forms of income are included below.
  • Please note: Temporary Employment and Unemployment Income are not accepted as qualified forms of income.
  • The gross monthly household income of all lease holder(s) will be considered jointly and must be more than or equal to three times the rental rate of the home.
  • Applicants must provide verifiable proof of income. Failure to provide required income verification documents will result in cancellation of your application.


  • If you are a W2 employee
    • You must provide at least two pay stubs covering a minimum of the past 30 days (from date of application) of income.
    • Pay stubs must be legible and include employer name, address and phone, applicant name, pay dates, YTD earnings and tax deductions. An example of a valid paystub is included directly below.


  • If you have an offer letter or transfer letter for a job that you haven’t started yet
    • The letter must be on company letterhead, signed by employer and include the employer contact information, employee start date and income.
    • The start date of your job must be within 30 days of the application date.
  • If you are self-employed
    • You must provide the previous three months personal bank statements as evidence of sufficient monthly income.
    • Bank statements must include applicant name, bank name and address. An example of a valid bank statement is included directly below.


  • If your income is based on a job that is commission only or base salary plus commission, tips, bonus or cash
    • You will be considered self- employed and must meet the guidelines for self-employment.



  • If income that is received from sources other than employment will be included in your income total, verification must be provided.
  • If your income is based on Child Support and/or Alimony
    • Child Support and/or Alimony must be court ordered and you must provide the court order.
    • You must also provide three months of current bank statements or a payment statement from the state Child Support Enforcement Agency. An example of a valid bank statement is included on the previous page.
  • If your income is based on Social Security
    • You must provide a current government issued SSI Award Letter (for the current year) reflecting yourself as the active recipient.
    • You must provide three months of current bank statements or a payment statement from the Social Security Administration.
  • If your income is based on a pension and/or retirement income
    • You must provide three months of current bank statements or a Pension/Retirement statement(s).
  • If you are eligible for military housing
    • You must provide the Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) document.
    • You must provide a Leave and Earnings Statement (LES).
  • If your income is based on foster child payments
    • You must provide a formal letter from the foster agency regarding foster income and age(s) of foster child(ren).
    • You must provide three months of current bank statements or a payment statement from the state Foster Care Agency.


  • Hudson Homes currently accepts Housing Vouchers / RTA where required by state law. Currently accepted in the following states: CT, FL (Broward, Miami-Dade), IL (Cooke), KS, MD, MA, NJ, NY, PA
  • Applicants must provide a Housing Choice Voucher.




If you have a pet, you will be required to provide:

  • A photo of your pet.
  • Information about your pet’s the breed.
  • Please note that there are restrictions on dog breed type and size. The following breeds are restricted and considered unacceptable. If you apply with a restricted breed, your application will be denied.
    • Akita
    • Alaskan Malamute
    • Boxer / Boxer Mix
    • Bulldog / American Bulldog / French Bulldog
    • Bullmastiff or Mastiff
    • Chow
    • Doberman
    • German Shepard
    • Husky / Siberian Husky
    • Pit Bull Terrier
    • Presa Canario
    • Rottweiler
    • Staffordshire / Bull Terrier
    • Wolf Dog / Wolf Hybrid
    • Any combination (mix) of these or any dog that has any of the above breeds linage.


  •  Hudson Homes does not allow exotic animals, including but not limited to birds, reptiles and rodents.


  • Applicants must provide a photo of the ESA.
  • Applicant must provide a doctor’s letter dated within the past 12 months to support the necessity of the support animal.
  • Applicant must agree that the animal cannot create a nuisance and that it must be on a leash if outside the home, but on the property area.