Welcome home! Your Hudson Homes Welcome Packet is below.
This webpage expands on the information you have received/will receive in your move-in welcome email on your DAY OF MOVE-IN. Below, you’ll find important information on how to access your home, how to contact Hudson Homes once you’ve moved in, instructions on how to place a maintenance request, resident responsibilities, and much more. Once you’ve completed the items on your move-in checklist, please review this Welcome Packet in its entirety.
STEP 1: COMPLETE YOUR MOVE-IN CHECKLIST
Feel free to print this out and check it off to ensure you accomplish everything on the checklist. Once your lease is countersigned:
- Make sure you are able to access your home
- Make sure you are able to log in to your Resident Portal
- Fill out and submit the Property Inventory and Condition Form by uploading it to the Resident Portal, within 5 business days of move-in
ACCESSING YOUR NEW HOME
You will be able to access your new home via the Rently Blue Keyless keypad that is affixed to your front door and a lockbox located in a secondary location.
- Rently Blue Keypad Access:
- Access code information for your keyless lockbox will be sent in a separate email directly from “Remot” @Rently.com.
- Review access instruction email from Remot @Rently.com
- CLICK HERE to download and install the Remot app
- Follow the instructions in the email to register
- Login to the app
- Accept the invitation to manage the home
- Please watch this helpful video on How to Use the Rently Device
- Lockbox Access – Lockbox located in a secondary location:
- Your Lockbox code is included in your Move-In Day email
- Please check the garage door jamb, front porch, or side of the home for the lockbox. If you have any trouble locating the lockbox, please call me.
- For additional instructions on how the lockbox works, CLICK HERE.
- The following sets of keys are located in the lockbox:
- Rently Keys that manually unlock the Rently Deadbolt (They are labeled “Oaks”)
- A pair of standard Kwikset keys that unlock the secondary door (e.g. back door of dwelling)
- If a keyed common door lock exists on the property, a key to the common door is also provided
- Other Access:
- Garage remotes are typically located in the kitchen drawers or in the cabinet above the microwave. If none are available, please submit a maintenance request via your Resident Portal.
- Mailbox keys can normally be obtained from your local post office. Please take a copy of your executed lease for proof of address. If you experience any difficulties getting mailbox keys, please let us know.
- If there are any shared/ assigned parking spaces, this information will be included in your lease.
- HOA/gate code: If you are leasing a Hudson Home within an HOA, your Move-In and Property Management team will communicate how to access, and your HOA covenants upon move-in.
YOUR RESIDENT PORTAL
- CLICK HERE to log in to your Resident Portal, or navigate to this page by clicking on the "Residents" section of this website's navigation bar, and choosing “Resident Portal and Maintenance Requests” from the dropdown.
- Please watch this helpful video on How to Log In to Your Resident Portal
- If you’ve gone through the entire Hudson Homes application process:
- Your log-in information will be the same as the information you used to access your Applicant Portal.
- Your username is your email address.
- If you are unable to log in, click on "Forgot Password?" below the login box and follow the instructions to reset your password.
- In some instances, you will need to register a new account.
- If this applies to you, you will receive a registration link via email from your Property Manager with instructions on how to register your account.
PROPERTY INVENTORY AND CONDITION FORM
- Complete the Property Inventory and Condition Form and upload it to your Resident Portal within 5 days of moving in.
- The Property Inventory and Condition Form can be found HERE.
- There are multiple ways to access this form:
- Linked above.
- Linked in your Move-In Day email (Subject: “Welcome Home! Move-In Day Instructions”).
- Saved in your Resident Portal (see the pencil icon in the top right corner of your portal).
- Print the form and fill it out.
- Upload the completed Property and Inventory and Condition Form to your Resident Portal.
- Click on the pencil icon in the top right corner of your Resident Portal
- See the field for “Property Inventory and Condition Form” and upload your document there
Please note that returning this form does not automatically create a maintenance request. If you have maintenance items that need to be addressed at move-in, you will need to log in to your Resident Portal and follow the directions to submit a maintenance request.
REMINDER ABOUT UTILITIES
- YOU DO NOT need to transfer utilities into your name, unless you live in a Hudson Homes property in Delaware (DE), Massachusetts (MA), or North Carolina (NC).
- All states (except DE, MA, NC):
- As outlined in the lease agreement utility addendum, the utilities will remain in the landlord’s name and be billed to you monthly based on actual monthly usage.
- Water, Sewer, Gas, Electric, and Trash service to your home will be billed by the service provider to and paid for by Hudson Homes and then allocated directly to you based on the exact amount billed by the service provider.
- Hudson Homes will pay the utility providers directly, then submit an invoice to you monthly via your Resident Portal for the previous month’s utility charges.
- Each month you will receive a utility statement from YES Energy Management. This statement will be mailed to you and will also be available in your Resident Portal in the documents section. Your utility invoice will also be available for printing. Please allow 30 to 60 days to receive your first utility invoice.
- Utility charges will be posted to your ledger on the 25th of each month and will be due with your rent on the 1st of the month.
- DO NOT try to set up service in your name with any provider or pay them directly for utility services. If you receive a utility bill directly from the utility provider please send a copy of the bill to [email protected], and they will handle the bill.
- If you need to contact utilities for any reason, please reach out to Yes Energy Utility Support: 833-466-4396 / [email protected]
- Heating fuel/oil notice: It is common for homes in teh Northeast to use heating fuel/oil. If your home uses heating fuel/oil, Hudson Homes will ensure the tank is filled to a minimum of 2/3 full when you move in. You will be responsible for checking the level of the tank, and refilling it as needed with a local provider.
- For Delaware (DE), Massachusetts (MA), or North Carolina (NC), please see below and contact your Property Manager with any questions.
- Delaware (DE): Tenants are required to put electricity in their name. Trash will be in Hudson Homes’ name. Water/Sewer/Gas will be in Hudson Homes’ name and will be billed back; unless you’re in a multiplex (shared meters we pay for the utilities). Tenants must connect or transfer utilities within one (1) business day of the Effective Date of the Lease.
- Massachusetts (MA): Tenants are required to put gas, electric, and oil/propane utilities in their name. Water and Sewer will be in Hudson Homes’ name and are paid by Hudson Homes – with no additional charges applied to your account. Tenants must connect or transfer utilities within one (1) business day of the Effective Date of the Lease.
- North Carolina (NC): Tenants are required to transfer all utilities into their name, as outlined in the lease agreement. Tenants must connect or transfer utilities within one (1) business day of the Effective Date of the Lease.
STEP 2: SAVE YOUR HUDSON HOMES PROPERTY MANAGER & MAINTENANCE TEAM’S CONTACT INFORMATION
Once you’ve moved into your home, you are a “Resident” and should contact your state/regional Property Management team.
- By Phone: To reach your Property Manager dial 877-565-4669 and follow the prompts
- By Email: Choose your state's inbox from the list below. Please note there may be a delay in returning email communications. The fastest way to get in touch with your PM is by dialing the phone number provided and following the prompts.
- New Jersey: [email protected]
- Florida: [email protected]
- Mid-Atlantic (MD, PA, DE): [email protected]
- Mid-West (IL, IN, OH): [email protected]
- New York: [email protected]
- Southeast (GA, NC, SC, TN): [email protected]
- New England (CT, MA, RI): [email protected]
- West (AZ, NM, OK, TX): [email protected]
- Regular priority maintenance requests should be placed by logging into your Resident Portal and following the instructions provided. You MUST enter a ticket using this form in order to create a work order (for non-emergency items).
- To place a non-emergency maintenance request, log in to your Resident Portal.
- Once you’ve logged in you will see your maintenance information in the "Welcome" box to the right of your portal
- Click the link provided to place a maintenance request
- If you need help submitting a maintenance request, a tutorial provided is provided in your portal
- All Hudson Homes are serviced by Northsight Management. Northsight’s direct line is 602-859-1150. For maintenance-related questions and updates, please follow up with Northsight directly.
- Northsight is available 24-hours a day for assistance, status updates and/or emergencies.
- Maintenance Emergencies: If there is a life-threatening event, please call 911 immediately, then Northsight.
- An emergency maintenance issue is one that is dangerous, hazardous, or could cause damage to the property or your personal wellbeing without immediate attention. If you have an emergency maintenance request, please call the 24-hour emergency maintenance hotline, above, for your location.
STEP 3: PAYING RENT
HOW TO PAY RENT
With Hudson Homes, it’s easy to pay your rent via one of the many available options below.
- Pay Rent Online: You can set up automatic payments or make one-time payments on your Resident Portal using an electronic check, debit card, or credit card.
How to set up payment accounts and make payments via the Resident Portal:
- Select the “Make Payment” button in order to make your payment(s) and add payment methods.
- Add an account
- Select Add Account to make a payment or apply it to future payments.
- Click “Add Bank Account” to add a new bank account/credit card. Fill in your account information. All fields are required.
You can make a payment by clicking on “make payments.
You can make a one-time payment.
OR set up auto-pay.
Review the terms and conditions, check the box, and then select “Set Up Auto-Pay” on the bottom right-hand corner of the pop-up.
- Walk-in Payment System (WIPS) Location: Pay your rent at any Walk-in Payment System Location.
- Please contact your property management team to acquire your WIPS account number and we will send you an email including your WIPS barcode, instructions, and payment locations.
- To find a location, please click here or visit: https://www.paynearme.com/yardicashmap and use the navigation instructions provided.
- Mail: You can send your payment to us using any postal service of your choosing. Remember, rent is late if it is not received by Hudson Homes Management by the due date. Payments can be sent to:
Hudson Homes Management
2711 North Haskell Ave., Suite 2100
Dallas, TX 75204
- Mobile: Make paying rent even easier by downloading the RENTCafé app on your mobile device!
WHEN IS RENT DUE?
- Rent is due each month on or before the 1st and is delinquent thereafter.
- Please check the Resident Portal periodically to ensure you’re making the proper payments and there are no delinquent charges on your ledger.
- Rent received after 5:00 P.M. on the 5th day of the month will incur a late charge.
- Late payments will not be accepted unless the total Late Charge amount owed is included.
- *Please refer to your lease for the Late Fee Policy in your state.
STEP 4: REVIEW YOUR RESIDENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Leasing a single-family home comes with its own set of responsibilities. Some of which you may not be familiar with if you are coming from a multifamily environment. We ask that all Hudson Homes residents treat their rental home as if it were their own. There are some responsibilities a resident has in order to keep the home safe and habitable, which entails performing routine general care within the interior and exterior of the home and contacting us for major repair items.
Maintenance/repair requests can be placed by following the instructions provided in your Resident Portal, but should not include items that residents are responsible for. If you place a maintenance request for an item that is deemed a resident responsibility, our vendor(s) may perform the task for a fee/service charge.
A general breakdown between landlord (Hudson Homes) and resident responsibilities is outlined HERE. Please review this page in its entirety and familiarize yourself with your responsibilities as a Hudson Homes resident.
STEP 5: CONSULT OUR FAQ’S TO QUICKLY ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS
For answers to frequently asked questions, please visit the Hudson Homes website at www.HudsonHomesManagement.com and click on FAQ’s.